Pack your overnight bag, we’re going to Napa! It’ll be fun, we promise
Ca' Momi's blazing pizza oven cranks out about 20 kinds of pizza, from a classic (and certified) margherita to the Momi, with porchetta, taleggio, and caramelized onion. If the carbonara with egg and pancetta isn't a perfect brunch pizza, I don't know what is. Plus there are nine kinds of vegetarian pies for those on a healthier tip. If you're in a lunchy mood, the pastas rock, like a northern Italian dish of spatzle allo speck with cream, or the decidedly Roman rigatoni con coda alla vaccinara (with oxtail, pinenuts, and soffrito). For dessert, get the bigné — cream puffs with a variety of fillings.
From there? Check out wine tasting rooms like Vintner's Collective, 1313 Main, and Carpe Diem. The Culinary Institute of America is offering new Napa wine education classes at the CIA Wine Studies Annex in the former Copia, listed on www.localwineevents.com. Oh yeah, and there are always the Napa Premium Outlets if you're in a shopping frame of mind. (Dangerous after wine tasting, btw).
Most Commented On
- There is nothing new about street parties - July 24, 2014
- Yes, if Greg knows better than the market then why isn't he - July 24, 2014
- No, Israel will survive the way it has always done - July 24, 2014
- No, it's a stupid non-issue that should not clutter up the - July 24, 2014
- This is great, good job, San - July 24, 2014
- AUjboeOMTwfKHEZZRcN - July 24, 2014
- nqZiCNtgkENQTt - July 24, 2014
- nZFJIBPvKLLYiR - July 24, 2014
- SF must spend a bunch of money on fancy new buses - July 24, 2014
- tmbqwlArfpw - July 24, 2014